Saturday, May 9, 2009

Leverage

Why the interest in the TNT produced drama Leverage? No, it's not my love for all things Timothy Hutton. I know he's famous for some reason I just can't think of a movie I like with him in it right now there's gotta be something... Maybe an 80's movie out there?? Anyhow, it started this week when we noticed all these semis, cars, trailers etc... parked in the abandoned school parking lot a block over. Then we noticed one block over at NWFA martial arts school they had all these lights and equipment and looked like they were filming something. Well, come to find out they are filming the series in Portland now. There have been multiple sightings of Hutton in the Pearl (a trendy NW neighborhood) where he has an apartment. Apparently Portland is working out better then their LA locations and they are going to film the series here from now on. I don't currently jive with the shows they are putting on tnt but I think i'll at least give it a shot this summer to see the familiar sights of Portland.
That's a camera preparing for the shot.
A blurred shot of equipment.
Here is literally the last scene they shot at this location. A few dudes in the street going into the martial arts school for a fight.
Cameras and what not...
Here is the director talking on his bullhorn. Notice the wet streets, they had a truck spraying water before the shot the scene. We just stood and watched for a bit and listened to the director. He eventually told everyone they had a great week of shooting and good job! It was kinda cool to be there watching the shoot on location. Maybe when Kayla gets going with the film career i can see some cool on locale shoots.
That's the Martials Arts school. You can't tell but the sign says "Fights Tonight!" they also changed the signs on the school to say "Rucker's Gym".

3 comments:

kingdomforavoice said...

Why aren't you walking around behind the actors completely nude, you know that would get you in the blooper reel on the DVD.

Anonymous said...

That's cool!! I love when movies are filmed near me! Growing up, I got to watch "Dazed and Confused" being filmed, right in my very own neighborhood! It was cool. I've seen lots of other movies being filmed (Varsity Blues, Robert Rodriguez movies, etc) in Austin and it never gets old. Keep us posted! :)
Oh, and I might have to tune in to that show too.

Anonymous said...

Oops...just FYI, that was me (Julia) that posted that last comment. I didn't know it was signed in as Zac.