Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Job

Don't the people in the pic look pretty serious about working on that one computer?

Anyhow, I started a new job this week! I'm still working for the Corps of Engineers, and quite literally just across the hall from where I used to sit. I'm now a UPASS Admin/Programmer. I'm learning the Admin part of the job right now, which mainly deals with granting access to systems and what not... As I get the Admin part down I will get to start doing some programming, where my real interest lies.
The Pros so far:
  • It is a bit more money, which Kayla and I need so that's a positive.
  • I am no longer doing shift hours so my schedule will be more regular (he he) and I won't have to work holidays. Nice, since Columbus Day is Monday.
  • I will be issued a blackberry and laptop, eventually.
  • I can work from home one day a week.
  • I will be getting back to some work (programming) which will be good for my resume and career.
So, that's the latest from me. Kayla is back in school and preparing for another semester of all A's! :) She's also looking for a part-time job, she is applying to H&M although if she works there I'm afraid the paycheck will suffer.

I hope everyone is doing well!!

3 comments:

Julia said...

That's awesome Luke! I'm so happy for you!! I hope Kayla gets the job at H&M...that'd be awesome!! I live that store and can not wait to visit the one in San Fran! ;)

Luke and Kayla said...

Thanks, Julia! Yeah, the H&M store is supposed to open up this Fall so Kayla's trying to get in early. I gotta agree H&M is quite awesome so much good stuff for so cheap!

kingdomforavoice said...

Nice work. there are H&M's all over Paris which explains all of the skin tight purple jeans around here.